Japan Times

Friday, March 30, 2007

No News



So no new info on the Yoko front. I have a feeling about it but won't give voice to it until after we get together tomorrow. She has promissed we'll talk, as last time I could tell something was up but she wouldn't talk about it. So I guess we'll see ...
Tonight is the end of the school year Enkai (work drinking party). We'll see how things turn out for that. It's a mite bit expensive and one of the teachers wasn't too sure the restraunt would be able to come up with anything vegi for me ... so I may be paying 12,000¥ ($100.84) for a whole lot of nothing (but alcohol). But, I guess we'll see how that works out. It's not so much manditory, but since at this school I have yet to be invited to an Enkai I felt that I couldn't miss the first oppertunity since it is one of the best ways to get to know the teachers I work with and around (whew if that sentence didn't kill you then you're mighty indeed). This Enkai also happens to be the "going away" party for the 11 or so teachers leaving the school after last term. In Japan you can stay at any one school for a max of 9 years. Not all the teachers have been at Ohtsu that long, but most have. So anyway this is my last chance to say goodbye to those teachers including one of the English teachers I worked with.
So other than that, this week I taught lessons Tuesday-Thursday and now I've got the rest of it off on vacation. I really don't have all that much interesting going on. On Wednesday night I watched "Pirates ..." the first one and yes the rum was gone ... because it is a vile drink that makes the most respectable men into complete scoundrels ^^. As I said earlier I'll see Yoko tomorrow and other than that no long term plans for the rest of break. I want to take a trip to Kyoto, but I have find other people to go as it's no fun to go alone. So, guess we'll see. More later about activities and I'll give an update on how the Enkai turned out.

P.S. This is a photo of scary mad Steve hair ... not sure what I'm going to do with it. (that is how it turned out after blow drying it)

1 Comments:

At 3:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

what made you want to blow dry your hair? you look kinda like a troll doll lol. your cute! I miss you.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home