Japan Times

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

USJ ... fun Fun FUN!!!









So after a week and some days being deathly ill I decided to emerge on Monday to go to Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I had got the tickets over a month ago and was really bummed when I turned up sick last week and wasn't getting well the closer it got. But, I was well enough by Monday night and after a bit of prodding from my friends who also were going I headed out to Osaka. When I got there my friends had just got settled in the hotel we booked and so we grabbed a quick bite and then headed over to the Osaka Dome. We got there about 45 min late from the scheduled start and were a bit curious why it was so dead outside. When we got to the entrance it was to find ... that the show had been canceled! Aparently the lead singer got Bronchitus! Needless to say I was a bit miffed cause I wasn't 100% and here I had gone off to Osaka and paid for train all that just to be stiffed at the door. However it was probably for the best because now I can enjoy the show fully well (hopefully ^^)
Anyway because we had booked a hotel we all went back to it and crashed. The next day the Aussies had planned to go to Universal Studios Japan (USJ) so I went to bed considering going with them. The next morning the Aussies said "you're going" ... so I went :). So showed up in Universal City and I was greeted with a very familiar set up to UC in California and Florida. However there were a few more Asian people and a lot less white XD. Anyway as I'm walking toward USJ what do I spy but an SBC! (see previous blog for photos) Anyway we ended up at USJ and entered for a very reasonable 5600¥ (about 46.87 USD). USJ is very similar to US in California with the novel change of language in the mix. They have Back to the Future, ET, Jurassic Park and Backdraft all of which are in US. A new one that is in US but I had never experienced was Spiderman 3D. It is a basic fun house track ride going from room to room with stuff coming out of the walls and the car jerking and bouncing. However it had the added effect of 3D. You wear the 3D glasses used in 3D shows like T2 and such. However since the car is moving room to room and bouncing about it's like a moving live action show. So even though the ride never left the ground, through visual illusions with 3D and stratigically placed puffs or air and water, you feel like you're falling and having fire balls thrown at you and all sorts of other dangerous things happening to you. Unless you are paying attention to the lack of gravity defining jolts to your stomache you seriously think you fly up 20 stories and then comense falling from the sky. It was a very fun ride though by the end I was a bit sick to my stomache due to my antibiotics from being sick. Along with the US regulars they also had some rides not seen in US like Jaws the ride (it's a boat ride as opposed to the camio that is on the tram in US ... dunno what it's like as we didn't have the time to ride) and Experience the America (a very fun high speed roller coaster). The shows were interesting because obviously all the audio was dubbed into Japanese and or acted in Japanese. Overal it was a very enjoyable day, though by the end of it I was ready to go home because I was TIRED!
To those of you asking me to post more often I'll try and show love more often :). More later.

1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Tinz said...

I'm glad you decided to come to USJ Steve, it was heaps of fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home