Japan Times

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Yoko



So today was Yoko's piano recital. I got there probably half way through it, but seeing as how she was number 22 out of 28 that was fine. She is very tallented (at least to my untrained ear). So even though I'm not a big one for classical music I still enjoyed myself (could have something to do with the fact that I was there watching Yoko :P) I brought flowers as tradition dictates for after the preformance and Yoko seemed to like them. I also bought a very pretty hankerchief as a little present since Yoko and I have been dating for a little over a month.
After she was done with the recital Yoko was a bit of hungry so we headed over to Old Spaghetti Factory. She had never been there before and she seemed to really like it (which is good ... couldn't date someone who didn't like a part of my past like OSF). We talked a ton and I got her laughing over the antics that Eric and I use to (and for the most part still do) get up to. After dinner we were gonna walk along the water, but the wind was up and so it was really cold. Even my coat wasn't enough. Anyway we headed into one of the mall type areas and in our wanderings I came across a SBC stand (I had discovered this and the SBC shop earlier in the day but ...) and that got me talking about the origins of SBC. After that we walked over to the SBC shop and got some coffee. More talking ensued and more "bad" stories about me and Eric. BUT! During our talking I noticed something that made my day even more cool! On the wall of this SBC in Kobe. Japan was a photo of Vashon Hardware! How cool is that good old Vashon is famous :).
Anyway after talking til 8 they kicked us out cause the mall was closing :(. So we hopped on the train back to Himeji and even though I tried to convince her otherwise, Yoko had to go home. So all in all I had a good day, but wish I had been able to spend more time with her. The up shot is I'll see her on Monday (and maybe tomorrow) and also we are going to hang out for a few hours on Wednesday (v-day ^^). Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home