Japan Times

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Wow!!!

So before you get your hopes up I am going to say right off this blog will not contain any new news about Steve's torrid love life. That being said I am extremely excited as I write this post. I have done something today I have never done that I can recall. As some of you may know I started a new "exercise program" intended to make me loose weight, become more fit and hopefully uncover my six pack abs that have been hiding all my life. Anyway, as part of this regime I do Yoga twice a week in the evenings on days I do sprints in the morning. Today during my Yoga I touched my toes straight legged!!! I have never been able to accomplish this before. Infact I rarely in my life have been able to come anywhere near my toes. Usually my hand would hover around just bellow my knees :(. At first it was just touching my toes doing the hurdler's stretch where you have one leg straight and the other bent with your foot resting against the opposite knee. But, by the end of the session I wass able to stand and touch both sets of toes straight legged!
My second bit of news is that it would seem I intend to stay another year over here. I haven't offically signed a contract, but I am seriously looking into it. I have a few job offers that have the blessing of the Himeji Board of Education that will give me more oppertunities to teach and make some side cash. Also my Japanese studies are going slow and I would like to have more time to work on it. It's not set up yet, but a good chance. I also would like to go back to the school I taught at last term. I'll keep you all informed. Thats all for now!

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a wow with stretching! I am super impressed. I can't quite touch my toes when stretching, but I have made progress in that department (my workouts aren't going well tho -- it's hard to stay motivated when I'm busy and stressed. Glad to know you're keeping up).

You should definitely stay another year so that I have more opportunities to visit you. My schedule is suxor.

And you should blog more :-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home