Japan Times

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Have your cake and eat it ... maybe not :(

Ok, so this is the story of a lovely lady … wait I mean this is the tale of a handsome lad. Ok, fine this is just another blog installment. Upon great pressure from various sources I shall talk to you about a funny Christmas twist in Japan. If you are 25+ and it is Christmas and you have no girlfriend/boyfriend you are a Christmas cake! Yep you turn into a pastry if you don’t have a significant other (a lot more useful than being turned into a frog or a giant pumpkin …). Lol. Ok, you don’t turn into a pastry, but you are called one … kinda the equivalent of being called an Old Maid. So all the ladies here who are single are busy trying to find someone … you’d think I’d be able to snag one, but so far no such luck. The main trouble is the married, dating, and single women in Japan generally all act the same to strangers. So unless you know the woman you can’t really know if they are attached and I’m terrible at reading people. Ofcourse you smart people would say “Hey look for a ring dumb ass!” Well that’d be a good idea except about 50% of the women in Japan don’t wear a wedding band >.< ! I’ve got a number of very cute, smart and kind women I work with and according to my co-workers they are all married … but not one of them has a band. So there you have it I will be a pastry in a little over a month unless I find a girlfriend … lol.
Work is still going well. About 4 weeks after this week of school before winter break and then after that I’m at a new school ☹. I’m sad to be leaving Shikama Higashi cause I am just now getting use to the students and the teachers. That and I’ve had lots of fun here. I just hope I get adjusted at my new school faster than here ☹.
Got a new hair cut last week and all the younger peeps I talk with think it’s cool. But the old folks a.k.a. the rents think I look like a 50 year old monk with a receeding hair line! How kind of them I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home