Japan Times

Friday, September 22, 2006

Mt. Shosha

So I visited Mt. Shosha yesterday. Now I'm quite sure no one has the slightest clue what or where that is, so I shall explain. Mt. Shosha is perhaps Himeji's best kept secret. It's a huge shito shrine complex. It probably covers nearly 100 acre on the top of a mountain (who knew!) near Himeji. Thats all fine and dandy, but it also has a restraunt run by some of the monks, which serves only vegitarian food! Now I am the first to admit I don't particularly like "rabbit food," but the stuff they served was excellent. There was sesamee covered squash (yep I ate squash and liked it!), various vegies in sauces and a little bit of tempura. There was more food than you can shake a stick at! Lol, I admit it was very fresh and if there was any preservatives in the entire meal I'm a roast yam. But! It was perhaps one of the best nearly vegan meals I've had (it had a bit of egg in one of the many dishes).

I have lots of pictures including some of the meal spread, but you'll have to continue to wait cause my card reader is in the mail still. Unfortunately Amazon.jp.co seems to be back-ordered on the item I want so it isn't expected to ship for another few weeks :(. Sorry! I'm working on it and believe you me you'll have plenty to look at once I can start pulling things from my phone.

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Princessbbg93 said...

Sounds yummy..but I could do without the squash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home