Japan Times

Monday, September 10, 2007

WEEKEND

Well the first week of school has passed and as the weekend draws to a close too here is a brief blog for all my readers. Friday night was pretty chill. A whole lot of relaxing went on. I cooked chili with Heather, one of the new JETs, and spent several hours talking with her and a number of the other ALTs.
Saturday was back to GLORY for elementary cram school. This Saturday marked the start of a new term there so I had a new class. I really enjoyed teaching them, which is good since I'll be with them until January. They are a lot more talented at English and that made it a lot easier to play some of the games I had planned.
Saturday night was the last Beer Garden and we took the new ALTs to Egret to celebrate their coming to Japan. As usual the food was so-so. The company on the other hand was much better. One of the Aussie ALTs, Tina, introduced me to the daughter of one of her University students. Eri works for Mitsubishi and spent a few years in California when she was younger. We chatted a bit and then after the Beer Garden went to kareoke. At kareoke I was lucky enough to only have to sing one song :P. After kareoke Eri and I walked home and chatted some more. She is a very interesting person.
On Sunday I recovered from the previous night and did basic house cleaning chores. In the evening I went to dinner with Hitomi at a restraunt called Zebra. It was African style food and had a nice atmosphere. After that we hung out a little and talked a bit. Do there is my weekend in a brief summary. Hope you enjoyed it. Also for more details please write the author :P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home