Japan Times

Sunday, September 02, 2007

School starting ...

So school starts up again tomorrow. I am both excited and nervous. I really enjoyed myself last time at Shikama Higashi, but I am nervous that 1. what I remember may be better than it really was 2. I live up to the way they remember me there and 3. that the teachers that made it fun there won't be there anymore. Anyway, I am all packed up and ready to go, I have my speech ready and all my props for when I start teaching on Tuesday. This year is a little different from last year because they are throwing us right back into elementary school on Thursday. Last year we didn't go until October. So that is my work related news.
On to the more juicey bits that you are all dying to hear (at least based on last years reported readers). I have seen both Tomomi and Hitomi since I got back. They are both doing well, but I saw a lot more of Hitomi than Tomomi in this last week. On Friday I went out with my now ex neighbor Lexi for a last hurra on the town. She took us to a small bar south of the station that I had never been to before (I think it was called White Bird). It was me, Karen, Suvanya and Heather at this very small bar along with Lexi. We met several of Lexi's friends and talked with them a bit. One of her friends Yoriko (not the Yoriko I know but a different one) left with us when we headed back into downtown Himeji. Su and Heather decided to call it an early night and I would have to, but I ran into Karen, Lexi and Yoriko up the street as I was riding home and we ended up going to a jazz bar. The evening was pretty fun. Yesterday Karen, Su, Heather and I went to a JET gathering at one of the local beer garden and socialized a bit again. Today it was mostly rest and relaxation and packing stuff up for work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home