Japan Times

Friday, July 18, 2008

Honolulu blog

So I made it to Honolulu and through customs. I’m officially back in the US and I already hate it! The people are all loud and obnoxious, the only friendly people I’ve met were foreigners ☹. I’m experiencing serious culture shock here. I’m in Hawaii, I should be relaxing, but I can’t relax at all. Of course I haven’t made it to my condo and settled in yet, but still.
The rest of the flight from Japan passed uneventfully. I have to say again it was quite nice to be in the business section and having the extra leg room, foot rest, seat space, etc. It certainly made me comfortable in an uncomfortable time.
I’m really hoping that once I’m on Maui and have my car and make it to my condo I’ll be able to simmer down a bit. The only bright ray until that point is I’ve made it through security with 2 hours to spare so I am not in a rush at least.
I really miss all you Japan readers. Someone go ring my door bell for old times sake… well not right now as it’s 7 am there so probably everyone is getting ready for work, but when you get home. I really hope we meet again. Bye for now.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger PrincessFMH said...

VERY sweet about the upgrade. SOOOOOO nice for a long flight! I am sure your friends will all miss you as much as you miss them. Yes, Americans are loud and obnoxious...the rest of the world has known that for ages. So with your new knowledge and experiences, maybe you can help at least a few understand that there is a better way to be and act. Now, relax and enjoy your holiday time before you REALLY get back to reality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home