Japan Times

Friday, July 18, 2008

Inflight blog 2

Blog 2 … I am currently watching “21,” a movie about the MIT students who took Vegas for a lot of money. I am really enjoying my flight back to reality.
On a sadder note I really miss my Japanese and foreign friends already and I’m not even on US soil yet. This morning I had a last coffee with Julian, my upstairs … well ex-upstairs, neighbor married to Taube. We just shot the shit and I enjoyed his company one last time. There is a possibility I’ll see them again, but as they’ve been in Shirasagi for going on 4 years it’s unlikely they will still be there when I find my way back to Japan. Of course if I was independently wealthy, or at least had enough money not to jeopardize grad school tuition, I’d come back to Japan by the end of this year. Hint hint to anyone who wants to pass along lovin … ☺.
It was really hard leaving Karen and Eiko at the airport. They both came with me on the bus from Himeji to see me off, which was really nice. On the bright side of it though there were a number of items including my conditioner that I forgot didn’t meet the under 100ml requirements for flights that I passed back to them after they got confiscated. They even took a packet of dried coco that I had packed in my carry on! Anyway, back to the movie. ☺

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home