Japan Times

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Time Marches On

Time continues to move inexorably forward. I still have several weeks left, but now that it is June my time here seems to be so much more limited. I am both excited and scared about coming home. After so long abroad I feel like I am moving to an alien country again. Already I am hatching plots to get back in to the JET program once I have completed my Master’s Degree.
Of course once I am firmly on US soil again I’m sure I will acclimate again quickly. I am planning my next steps when I get home, which include moving in Seattle probably sometime in September or early October. I enjoy the island life, but I think it’s best if I go to a more fast paced place soon after my return to avoid settling in like I did when I returned from college.
I am of course going to be apartment hunting, so if you happen to come across an ad for an apartment that is pet friendly and located somewhere between redmond, bellvue, queen anne, capitol hill, ballard and downtown (in short some place in northern Seattle area with relatively easy access to the UW) This is contingent on my acceptance to the MIT program. I haven’t heard from the UW yet and so unless they are dumb enough not to accept me this round I won’t be editing my choice of location.
I will also most likely be looking for short term work after the summer is complete (unless of course the county elects to offer me work at on of the other pools again). So if you happen to hear about an opening somewhere be sure to let me know about it.
Not much to report on the Japan side of the world. Work continues. Life continues. This week is “trial week,” which is a week when 2nd grade students (8th grade equivalent) go out in to the community and work for a week at a local business. They do everything to working as a clerk at a super market to working at nursery schools to pumping gas to working at a convience store. So my work-load this week is light. I am trying to get my teachers to let me visit some of the students but as of yet they are digging in their heels.
My running as you are all well aware is still going. Although I have been extremely lazy these last few months only logging 30 or so miles a week instead of my previous 50ish. I attribute it in part to the hotter and humid weather. But, part of the fault is with me just being too lazy to do the 7+ mile runs I did through April. During the rest of my stay in Japan I will attempt to kick my ass out the door for longer runs on a regular basis again. Then when I get home I hope to start in earnest to prepare for the Portland Marathon.

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger PrincessFMH said...

EXCELLENT, nice big words too :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home