Japan Times

Monday, May 26, 2008

Aight ...

So this last weekend I had my first semi-private with the couple that is friends with my co-worker’s aunt. Along with the couple I also helped their grand daughter with “travel English.” The main reason that asked my co-worker for help was because they like to travel and want to improve their English to better enjoy themselves in places like the US. Mostly I spent the lesson with ‘read and repeat’ exercises, but even so it wasn’t that boring. I have another lesson this Tuesday evening and we’ll see how that one goes.
Other than that I’m busy trying to enjoy my last few weeks in Japan. I have less than two months until I leave Himeji for at least 2 years (I won’t be done with grad school until the earliest June 2010.) I still haven’t heard from the UW although at the end of my interview they said I should hear by June 1st. I am very very nervous about the result.
As of this moment my intended last day of work is July 4th (ironic really that that is the day that I counted back to on my calendar). After that I want to travel around Japan a bit. Probably I will go to Tokyo for a week(ish) and maybe some shorter trips from Himeji (probably to Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto, Okayama and maybe a few other places). With June knocking on the door it seems so much more close, my date of departure, and I’m really beginning to stress. In anycase I’ll try and write another blog soon.

1 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Blogger PrincessFMH said...

Very nice to have more than runs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home