Japan Times

Sunday, June 01, 2008

And on we march ...

Another week draws to a close. It is a little over a month and a half until I leave Japan again for an unknown length of time. I’m both excited to see my family and friend again and sad to be leaving this great place that I’ve called home for two years. I have grown comfortable here and that is probably a danger signal since that means I’m not savoring my time as much as I should. I still haven’t ironed out exactly what I will do with the last two weeks of my time in Japan. But, I’m sure to find something entertaining.
The private lessons are going well. Luckily I have them set up at a time when they do little/nothing to effect my “fun time” so I am happy for the small pocket money they provide. Even though I am almost done I visited a new elementary school yesterday. This one is tiny with maybe 250 kids. They were nice there and let me leave at 3 (normal time is 3:30) even though it was a small difference in dismissal compared to some of my fellow ALTs who leave at 12 or 1 I was happy to have it since my other school keep me until nearly 4 most days.
I am still waiting to hear from the UW. Most likely next Monday is when I’ll get the news if I got in. I sincerely hope I do since this is THE program for me I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home