Japan Times

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Shosha

Well today was quite good ^^. I was pleasantly surprised. The teachers are all very friendly, the students were not all that shy and started bantering with me almost right away and the campus is pretty. I still miss Shikama, but I felt very welcome at Shosha and I'm looking forward to working there. The English teachers in first and second grade took me to lunch at a local "sushi" restaurant and were able to convince the owner to make a special meal for me without fish. So look forward to more glowing praises in the next few months ^^.
On a side note the office man at Shosha is a runner. And by runner I mean marathoner. He has competed in the Honolulu marathon 15 times and will be entering his third Boston this Spring. He maintains that he isn't that exceptional a runner and is only able to enter those races because he is an international competitor so the rules and entry guidelines are much easier to qualify for. Still I am impressed by the number of marathons he has completed. I hope to one day have the chance to do so many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home