Japan Times

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

So now it is officially 2008 all over the world! 2007 was a rough year, but it is past now. It had it's ups and downs ... more so in my family, however we can now put that on the shelf of life and start a new. Today I did a bit of New Years shopping and cleaned my apartment. New Years is kind of like Christmas in that the day after/day of is a big shopping day. However, unlike America it isn't just a small amount of post Christmas merchandise that is on sale, but more like the entire store (whatever store that may be). Along with that they have "goodie/grab bags" that range from 1000¥(about $10) to 50000¥(about $500). Depending on where you happen to be it can be anything from food to clothing to electronics. Sometimes you know what will be in the bag(if not always the colors) and sometimes it is a complete surprise with the value only being advertised. For example, there is a clothing store I sometimes go to that this year has bags for 5000¥, 10000¥ and 20000¥. The value of the clothing inside the bag is 7000¥~, 15000¥~, and 30000¥~ with it not being less than, but the possibility it may be a little more than that price if you were to buy everything in the bag separately. Anyway, one of my stops was Sports Authority, where they had many of these "grab bags" ... not always bags, some tins and other containers ... I ended up only getting some UnderArmor after about an hour and a half of carrying around a Nike and Adidas bag each I determined I didn't really need another set of warm ups etc. (warm-ups, socks, jacket and other odd items) I'll fill you guys in more on my other doings later.

Lets all enjoy 2008 ... seriously ... start enjoying ... NOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home