Japan Times

Friday, July 18, 2008

Inflight blog 1

So my sadness about leaving Japan was tempered a bit by the fact that for some reason I was upgraded to business class!!! So here I am in business class enjoying free whiskey (Suntory 17 y/o no less, for those of my who don’t know Japanese whiskey it’s very nice.) and watching a bit of Blue Man Group in Tokyo ☺.
The video was very interesting because through out there are intermissions where the original Blue Man Group talks about their beginnings and how they got started with the original rock concert. I’m not sure if you’ve seen the group before, but it is really cool to see the stuff they do. In the video I’m watching now they do stuff like catch gumballs in their mouth from across the stage and then proceed to paint on a bit of canvase by “spitting” on it. They also make sculptures with marshmallows and all sorts of other crazy stuff. Also the video was cool because they show video of them wandering around Tokyo and I recognized places that I was at last fall.
I have to say that I’m sure my subsequent rides on JAL will not measure up to this first time, but I plan to fly with this airline again if I ever get the chance (which could very well happen as I intend to come back to Japan!) The service obviously is excellent because I am in business class, but to be honest I’ve heard good things about this airline and nothing that I’ve experienced thus far has proved those testimonials wrong. ☺
All in all although I have left Japan I feel that my flight back to reality is a good one. I’m only 40 minutes into the flight but I have high hopes for an excellent flight the rest of the way to Honolulu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home