Japan Times

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Update

So today Jodi and Jono left Shirasagi. They are the first of the Aussie to be leaving and it was sad to see them go. It really brings home the fact that the rest will soon be gone too. I am a bit depressed by the prospect of no more "chigao'ing" going on and all the rest of the quirks that came with this batch of Aussies. It is doubly sad because they leave during the holiday season when it is a time for friends and family.
The school term is wrapping up and that is another bit of depressing "news." I spent last Friday taking pictures around school and will continue on Monday before uploading them. My students seem to be aware that I'm about to leave and so have taken the opportunity to make me feel even worse about leaving. This coming week I'll have my first "last class" with one of my ichi-nensei classes. They happen to be my favorite ichi-nensei class too, which will make it doubly hard.
On a different note I'm 5 miles away from running 200 miles since I've started my current running practice. I have determined that running makes your legs hurt (go figure). I have met a possible running buddy in a most unlikely way. When I went to the Sports Authority over here and bought my Nike+ shoes I had the same girl help me twice (yeah I figure two pairs might last a bit longer if I rotate them each week). Her name is Yoko and she just happens to have a boyfriend who also is from the Seattle area. As if that sort of coincidence wasn't enough she belongs to the same gym I do (Konami) and takes the same classes I do (well not all but most). Along with that she is also training for a Half Marathon. So I figure it's a match made in heaven and that we should run together.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

with the shoes, I think they recommend rotating every other day. That way, your shoes have a chance to dry out between runs. Might want to look that up.

Sorry to hear about your friends leaving. In 6 months, tho, that will be you, right?

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Stephen Harvey said...

Yeah something like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home