Japan Times

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

School blog

So today I have my computer at work so I am going to attempt to write a blog. Nothing particularly interesting is happening, but here it is anyway. I have been running each day since the beginning of last week (even though last Tuesday I only ran at aerobics). Since I started I can detect a noticeable difference and believe I am getting stronger, which is keeping with my goals. Work continues so be a bit tedious at times, but I’m still enjoying being back at Shikama Higashi. I will miss it next year when I’m back in the states.
Not much to report on the dating front. I have been out of contact with Miya, Yoriko and Saori because they are busy. Yuriko will be in town for “Thanksgiving weekend next week so we will hang out on the 23rd. Eri will be at Tina’s birthday party this weekend and I’m not sure how I feel about that. I guess we will see how things work out. She pretty much told me to leave her alone (without actually saying it) by her replies to my e-mails a few weeks ago (very abrupt and not really inviting replies). I haven’t talked to her since so I doubt I’ll make an attempt to talk to her during the party unless she seeks me out.
Life in Japan continues to surprise. I think it is finally sinking in that in only about eight months I’ll be back in the US so I have been noticing the little differences in daily life more. The fact that mass transportation is so much more efficient here, the weather patterns, the style and speed of building of houses here (there is a house that was started maybe a week after I started back at Shikama Higashi and they are holding open houses for it this week) are all so foreign. Even the plants and animals are a little different and more exotic. I am finding that I am really enjoying my second year here a lot more than I did last year.
On the home front … my plan continues to be to go back to school when I go home. My application to the UW’s MIT program is on track for a very early submittal (due in March and will probably be sent in by the end of December). I am excited to start my work as a “real teacher” when I return home. However, I am also very nervous. I think I have grown use to the way students act in Japan and I’m worried that after growing comfortable with the way they act I will be unable to accept the way American students act. I guess we’ll see when I return. That’s all for now. Peace, Love and Little Bonsai Trees to you all :P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home