Japan Times

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Long time ...

So it's been a while since I wrote a proper blog so here ya go. Yesterday was my birthday. It was lots of fun. We had a "pot luck" dinner on the patio of the second floor for me and Taube (Her B-day is Monday). The rule was no store bought foods and for the most part that was followed. We had lots of good home made foods including a cake baked by one of the friends of Julian.
After it started to get to cold to bear we moved the party to the fourth floor. I met lots of new people, which I found rather interesting since I've been here for a year I would have thought I'd have met all the friends of other ALTs. The most interesting of the new people were the three M's; Miya, Masumi, and Masaya. Julian worked with Masaya and met the other two women through her I believe. Miya studied in Boston and graduated from a University affiliated with Tufts. After that she moved to Seattle for a year and lived in Fremont (maybe ... she couldn't remember if that was the place she lived or not). All she could remember was it was about 15 min by skate board from downtown, not on Capitol Hill, near a mountain/hill and across a bridge of some sort.
I have received many requests for continued updates on my love life. Not a whole lot interesting going on there other than adding several more women to the list of interest. Miya, Mika (a new teacher at Shikama Higashi) and Saori.
Not really getting any action as most everyone is too busy to meet. Here is the low down... I saw Yoriko for the first time since June this last week. She is doing well and will graduate in January. She just stopped by for 45 min to chat and hang out and then had to head home. Yuriko (the teacher from Ohtsu) had culture day this weekend and has been studying for the English Language Proficiency Test and so I haven't seen her for awhile now. Tomomi is around and I have seen her at the bars the last two times I've gone. She is friendly and nice so there is a possibility there. Eri is non-existant. Saori I met last weekend, but she is busy this month so who knows if I'll get a chance to know her. Mika I see everyday at work, but she is really shy and I only just started getting to know her at the Enkai a week ago so who know what will happen there. Miya I just met and so nothing much there except I'd like to get to know her more.
Off of the topic of my love life, my exercising is going well as you can see from my graph posts. Along with road running I have been making regular trips to the gym (although I've missed the last two Fridays because of Enkais) I am enjoying the classes there a lot, although I am a very poor student in BodyCombat (I need to work on that flexibility >.<).
That's all for now. I'll try and write more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home