Japan Times

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

UW News

Well the UW finally let me know that I didn’t get into the program, at least not yet. It wasn’t an out right rejection letter like I have received twice before. Instead it was a deferral letter saying basically “Sorry we’re not letting you in yet. But, we are going to interview more people in September and we’ll throw your application and interview results into that batch too.” So instead of abandoning all hope I get to wait another 4 months and then maybe … abandon all hope ☹. After this latest rejection I’m considering maybe my chosen carrier path isn’t they right way. We’ll see how I feel when I get back home. Perhaps I should look at alternative routes, such as secondary education or kinesiology. The interviewer was surprised I wasn’t pursuing a degree with some sort of link to science. Not that I should put much weight behind the person who’s institution has now twice out right rejected me and once deferred me.
So there is your latest blog. Take care.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger penn said...

aww, Steve, I'm sorry to hear about UW. I really think you should apply to some other programs. Don't let *one school* stand in the way of what you want to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home