Japan Times

Friday, March 14, 2008

Just for you ...

So I have had complaints about my lack of writing. I admit I’ve been lazy about keeping you all up to date with what is happening. So here is a brief history of what is new. First we’ll start with the running aspect as that is where my blog usually is these days. I ran another half marathon this last weekend. This one was in Kyoto. My unofficial time was 1 hour 35 minutes, which is ok but not what I had hoped for the course.
Last Friday I went out with a friend of my running buddy. Her name is Aoi and she is an interesting woman. She teaches piano, doesn’t like sports, goes to cooking school twice a week but doesn’t like to cook (yeah I’m still mulling that over XD), loves to travel and go to amusement parks (A+ there ^^), loves sweets of all sorts but her favorite is strawberry cake, she lives in a temple (her family has run it for hundreds of years … she doesn’t know how long exactly), etc. However, I may have scared her off ☹. I have been trying to set a date for another date and have been very persistant. For the last few weeks she has written at least one e-mail a day, but I haven’t heard from her in two days now. So I guess we’ll see.
On that same subject one of my elementary school teachers wants me to meet her sister. So next Wednesday I’ll be getting together with the two of them for dinner. I know next to nothing about the sister, but the teacher is friendly and loves to practice English with me at school. I try my broken Japanese with her too.
Lets see, next weekend I’ll be traveling to Nagano to go snowboarding again. It should be a fun trip. I will leave Himeji at 7pm and ride the bus all night and we’ll get there about 6am. … then we’ll have all day to play and half the next day before riding back to Osaka getting there about 10pm. Unfortunately when I planned this trip I didn’t realize that school isn’t out for spring break until Tuesday, so I have work the next day ☹.
Work is good. This week was graduation for the 9th graders, which was sad. Even though I have only been here 3 months I have grown attached to them. Some of my best classes where in that grade. It will be interesting to see what the year change brings as far as new teachers and new 7th graders.
Not much else is going on in my life at the moment. Spring break starts in a little over a week. I’ll be working most of it and saving my remaining vacation time to plug in at the end of my time here. I may take a day off here or there and perhaps the whole of Golden Week in May, but we’ll see. I figure I may take a trip to Tokyo or something before leaving. Also depending on airfares or whatever it might be cheaper to fly out of Narita. Also I am considering a stop for a week (or more ☺) in Hawaii. If anyone is interested in meeting me there then I’ll firm up my plans and let you know so we can make it happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home