Japan Times

Sunday, January 27, 2008

No new news

Well there really isn't anything new going on, but as my readers are getting antsy again about having nothing to read but my running logs I figured I'd try and come up with something to blog about. Today I started my crazy plan on running even more than I have been. I signed up for the Portland Marathon. Which simply means that now I have even more reason to step up my training as I now have 9 months to get into fighting shape for a grueling 26.6 miles (well not grueling ... but a guys got to have some artistic license when telling a story right?)
Lets see ... haven't seen Miki since two weeks ago, but she is probably going to be in town next weekend so I'll probably get a chance to meet with her then. I have a 3k lined up for next Sunday morning. My school, Shosha junior high, asked me to participate in the community 3k so I agreed. Should be interesting. I have a snowboarding trip lined up for the weekend after next on Sunday. We have a three day weekend so should be a good time to go. The following weekend (third weekend of Feb.) I intend to run around "naked" (I'll have a fundoshi one ... the diaper like clothes that sumo wrestlers and men at festivals wear) at a shrine in the middle of the night in Okayama. Should be interesting. School is still good. My students are definitely a lot less "tame" than my previous school and I've been being given more latitude in lesson planning so it's been an interesting experience so far. Thats about all I have for right now. Enjoy! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home